Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A change in the weather is known to be extreme / I'm glad we're finally changing horses in midstream

It would be difficult to overstate my relief at the change in the weather that has finally hit the New York area. I certainly hope that those in New England and the upper Midwest are out of the horrors as well.  It happened at a specific moment.  This past Sunday, the brutal, horrible, and unrelenting winter that we have been suffering through for months (and yes, I realize that Boston and Detroit, to name just two places, had it much worse than us) suddenly disappeared and apparently (knock on wood) won't return before the next winter season at the end of 2015.

I am reminded of the old joke about the guy who loves going to the dentist, and having cavities filled without any anesthesia, just because it just feels so darned good when it's over.  The end of the winter is a bit like that, except that I would much sooner have skipped the whole thing.  (I only go to the dentist for pragmatic reasons.)

No comments: