Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book club

I've just finished reading a brilliant, quiet, but in its way brutal and chilling novel, Thomas A. Savage's "The Power of the Dog."

Sometimes info on Amazon serves you better than leafing through the items in a bricks-and-mortar bookstore.  (I've always found that I'd need to read for a bit longer than I realistically have, in order to decide whether I like an item or not.)  In this case, what put me onto it was seeing on the website that Savage had said his favorite novel was "Mrs. Bridge," by Evan Connell.  That novel, too, though in an entirely different way, is quiet yet in its way brutal and chilling.  Both are startlingly and yet unobtrusively well-written.

Obviously, both very highly recommended.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Accountants Hove
After I read and endeavor to comprehend this article lastly amazingwe are for the most part appreciative for the presence of this article can include significantly more knowledge for every one of us. much obliged to you

Billy. said...

Magnificent design and great utilization of fluctuated media.


samsung galaxy cases

Billy. said...

I've been surfing on the web over 3 hours today, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It's enough worth for me. As I would see it, if all web proprietors and bloggers made exceptional substance as you did, the net will be basically more productive than at whatever point in late memory.

Brighton Accountants

Billy. said...

I've been surfing on the web more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any stupefying article like yours. It's imperatively worth for me. As I would see it, if all web proprietors and bloggers made confusing substance as you did, the net will be in a general sense more profitable than at whatever point in late memory.

Tax Advisors

Nino Nurmadi , S.Kom said...

Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom