Monday, January 16, 2012

Financial sector taxation

I have just completed a first draft of a paper, entitled "The Financial Transactions Tax Versus (?) the Financial Activities Tax," that I will be submitting within the week for inclusion in a conference volume to be published by the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD). The underlying conference is the one in Amsterdam that I attended last month, which I discussed in an earlier blog entry here.

Once I've looked it over a bit more, I'll be posting it (with an abstract) on SSRN. I may also consider publishing it in either U.S. or International Tax Notes, which the conference organizers have given me clearance to do.

Further details, including abstract and an SSRN link, to come shortly.

I'll also be presenting it (leaving aside the point that speakers don't actually present their papers) at the NYU Tax Policy Colloquium on Tuesday, February 28, as we had to make a change in our previously announced schedule.

No comments: