Friday, May 01, 2009

The New York Mets

I'm a Mets fan, not by choice, but because I have no choice. The affliction first struck me before my 7th birthday, and there's really nothing I can do about it now.

Queue here the Macbeth quote:

MACBETH: Canst thou not minister to a mind diseas'd;
Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow;
Raze out the written troubles of the brain;
And with some sweet oblivious antidote,
Cleanse the stuff'd bosom of that perilous stuff
Which weighs upon the heart?

DOCTOR: Therein the patient
Must minister to himself.

Unfortunately, accomplishing that is a bit above my pay grade. But at least a Mets site that I saw today (while struggling with the start-up to a new section of my U.S. international tax book-in-progress) offered two appropriate photos, one capturing my sense of the Mets front office and the other of the team itself.


No comments: