Monday, March 14, 2005

At least (for a change) they aren't being actively harmful

Astonishingly - mirabile dictu - George Will has a good column today, laughing at the Congressional jackasses who have decided to hold hearings about the baseball steroids controversy.
The hearing is being held by the House's Government Reform Committee, formerly known as the Government Operations Committee. The rationale, apparently, is that it is about Educating America's Children, which apparently is a sub-category of government reform and operations. "Philip Schiliro, chief of staff for the committee's Democrats, says: 'If Sammy Sosa hit 60 home runs three times without being on steroids, kids should know that. That's a great message for kids.'" So there you have it, I guess.
Not to make light of the steroids issue, though I see it mainly as an issue of players cheating against other players and only secondarily as detrimental to fans, but I have also been amused by the Congressional blowhards who have been telling baseball that "if you don't clean it up, we will." And once they are done with that I suppose it will be time for them to tackle the Michael Jackson issue. But ethics rules for the House itself remain off-limits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends, Now you can Fulfill your destiny! Lordofthe

Anonymous said...

Really great blog I've bookmarked it - now some really important bits of financial advice - as it is along the same lines I thought I would share this info with you.

We were paying far too much for items like kids clothes, games consoles, car insurance/home insurance/pet insurance, broadband, mobile phones and utilities/loans, business home idea internet tip work etc. Then a friend of mine recommended a site called www.bargainplace.co.uk. We were able to get cheaper electricity, gas, mobile phone, broadband and loan deals at bargainplace. Thanks to my friend (and the site) I am saving something like £100 a month and can afford an extra holiday a year. Booked of course on www.bargainplace.co.uk. Thanks bargainplace ;-) !!

PS - I set up a website a couple of months ago and until recently I was getting no traffic at all. Then, I signed up to Linkreferral.com. Not only did I start getting visitors by the truck load, I also joined Affiliatewindow and am now making lots of money by partnering with companies like Argos, Next, John Lewis, Pixmania, Marks and Spencer, LX Direct, Littlewoods, Vodafone, phones4u, phones2u, Sky, NTL, Virgin Media, Talktalk, Woolworths, Empire Direct, ebay plus online gambling sites - you can make pot loads of cash.

Linkreferral.com is absolutelely free and has really helped my business take off.

PLUS!! there are opportunities to make money from Linkreferral as well - sign up for free and check out the website and email received for details

Follow these free tips and you won't go far wrong - that brand new BMW or Mercedes might just be around the corner!!